Apologies for the lack of posts, it was my birthday this past weekend and I had lots of activities and events to attend to. It was a pretty great couple of days. And, to be honest, I just haven’t really felt like blogging. Work sucked last week too, it was just one of those weeks where every little thing bugged me. I didn’t really feel like coming here and spewing complaints, which is what I felt like I would do, so I just didn’t write at all. I did watch a ton of Breaking Bad, though – like 20 episodes in a week. So good!
I went shopping with birthday money this weekend, and I finally got some new clothes. I ended up returning the shirt I bought at Banana Republic last week, it didn’t fit quite right. Here’s what I bought:
- $50.08 T-shirt, pajamas and a belt from Joe Fresh
- $190.86 Dressy t-shirt and super cute cropped orange dress jacket from Zara
- $89.27 Cropped black pants from Banana Republic
- $51.95 Button down shirt, striped dress and earrings from Urban Outfitters
- $24.11 White tank top and sleep bra from the Gap
- $16.95 Gladiator sandals from H&M
- $56.50 Shoe repair for a pair of sandals from Greece
- $33.90 Shorts from Banana Republic (from last week)
TOTAL = $514.34
I had budgeted for $350 to $400, so I overspent by a significant amount. This is one of the challenges I face when shopping – once I start, I find it really hard to stop. Even as I sit here now and look at that total, I can think of other things I’d like to get, like a pair of heels or a couple new shirts.
Do you find it hard to stop shopping once you start? How do you stop yourself from spending more than you budgeted for?